Total Pageviews

Friday 3 October 2014

Lipstick favourites 2014

The new season has brought new lipstick trends and I'm excited to say it's nudes!! I love my pinks and nudes they add that something extra on a daily basis. Now of course dark lips also classically symbolise Autumn so I have included them here as favourites. I've just recently gotten brave and picked up vampy shades as my lips are small so I never really latched on to the hype but let's just say the spender in me wanted to splurge on something new ;).


 Fiend is my absolute favourite lipstick at the moment it just makes my lips look that little bit fuller and moisturised so it's obviously not matte but there isn't huge amounts of shimmer either it's nice and creamy and is quite long wearing for me as I tend to eat my lipsticks off haha.


 Lovelight is less creamier and more shimmery than fiend but I still like it as a day to day lipstick. It's a pale pink and works like a chapstick giving some moisture and tint.


I thank MUA everyday for making something a pound haha! Sometimes you just can't justify a splurge when you're a student so I snapped a couple of these right up and it is one of the best nude shades I have! It just glides on. Obviously the price tag doesn't promise it to be long wearing but for a pound I'm willing to re apply now and again.


KIKO is a brand that I don't think is talked about enough. Like MUA they are cheap as it retails at £4 and is really moisturising (again, not matte). They have a wide range of products that I need to explore some more so I shall keep you posted!


As much as I love a bargain, every girl needs a dose of high end to satisfy spending needs (the guilt gets wiped away after you apply it I promise!). Charlotte Tilbury products are high end hence the £23 price tag. It's from her new Matte Revolution collection and it's safe to say I will be going back for another shade. They glide on smoothly so while I wouldn't say that they're glossy, they're just aren't overly matte and drying.


It's an oldy but a goldy, mocha was one of the first nude shades I ever got given to me by my awesome cousin (big up the girls who started off their collection with MAC haha). It was at a time I stuck to lipgloss and never ventured into the overwhelming territory of lipsticks I was that much of an eye makeup lover. Now it's my go to with a bronze look for evenings.


Another MUA lipstick makes the list and it is one of the more vampy shades. It looks even better when you apply a couple of coats as it gets deeper in colour so you can change the intensity of the look. This also glides on but the downside of it is that it stains so you have to be careful when applying.


And last but not least, Sleek has made it into my favourites. It's a beautiful plum colour that would look great paired with both fresh faced or bronze look so just adding this can instantly turn your overall makeup look into something suitable for a party etc. 

Left-right: Urban Decay Lovelight, MUA shade 11,  KIKO 918, Urban Decay Fiend, MAC Mocha, Charlotte Tilbury Love Liberty, MUA shade 1, Sleek Smother.

So there we have it! My all time favourite lipsticks this year and may just overlap into the next ;). To purchase these just click the heading above each image. I'm sorry I couldn't do swatches on my lips as I'm ill and dry flaky lips aren't the best way to advertise your favourites haha.

Sanah xx


No comments:

Post a Comment