Total Pageviews

Saturday 13 September 2014

Random beauty favourites



Hi everyone!

I have to admit I rarely wear makeup anymore except for special occasions or sometimes when I'm meeting the girls and know pictures will be taken haha. These favourites aren't anything new on the market just some staples that have worked for me time and time again without requiring much effort so let's jump in!


I'm in the shade 3.5 

I can't say enough good things about this foundation. I am lucky that I have minimal blemishes and no scarring. (Hence why I bought 'light' and not the original) however when it comes to foundation my skin doesn't want to cooperate. I have very dry to combination skin so I find foundation tends to disintegrate around the nose and chin area. Double Wear Light just sinks into my skin and it looks nice and glowy in pictures. Holy grail foundation!



I'm not really big on mascaras because my eyelashes tend to drop after a while no matter what I use however I recently tried this and it keeps them lifted for longer making them look fuller too.




Ahh who doesn't love the quirkiness of Soap and Glory? The quirkiness comes at an affordable price too making it even better for those just starting out in makeup or even those who have been interested in makeup for a long time. This palette includes travel size compacts of 'Solar powder' a bronzer and highlighter combo, 'Glow all out' a really pretty shimmery highlighter and 'Love at First Blush' a blush made up of different shimmery pinks and browns which gives a really nice glow. This was a birthday gift (thanks bex!) and is perfect for taking on the go. They're moderately pigmented and are perfect to achieve that all natural glow. Unfortunately I can't seem to find it online but individual full size can be bought at Boots or on the Soap and glory website :)




This palette has been out for ages and is a staple for most beauty bloggers and YouTuber's and it's obvious why! I use this palette consistently for base colours as the pigment is just amazing. This was also a birthday present from last year (thanks Fahmidaaa) and I'm just eager to get the Naked 3 now (I'm a lover of pinks).

Avon bronzer


I don't even know if Avon do this anymore but it had to be added I am still as obsessed as ever! My Mum loves ordering from Avon and I had a bronzer addiction (actually I still have a bronzer addiction lol) and ordered this. I apply it with a Kabuki brush and it just gives my skin a warm lift as I have a very yellow undertone which can make me look ill at times.



Being a Collection 2000 fan for a long time, it took me ages to jump on to the FIT me bandwagon and boy am I glad that I did! It's much more creamier than the Collection concealer and it didn't sink into any lines under my eyes. I'm always a bit wary about getting concealers because I don't like the colour matching faff but this is definitely worth it considering how cheap it is.



It looks a bit battered but only because I love it! I love the black eyeshadow to use as smudged out 'eyeliner' (I'm hopeless at eyeliner) and it's perfect for when I don't want to spend too long getting ready. Again it's an absolute bargain with great payoff on most shades.

So that's it, my go to makeup items for suitable daytime looks and can also be used to create great evening looks too if needed. I know I haven't added any lipsticks but I have got my eye on some new ones so want to save them for another post and I will do some looks using these items. If you want to purchase any of these items then just click on the title for each image. I hope you all enjoyed this post and comment below your favourite go to makeup! :)

Sanah xx

4 comments:

  1. Love this! I'm literally going to run to Boots tomorrow to find that Soap and Glory palette haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I can't find the palette anywhere! lol my friend surprised me with it I will ask her where she got it from xx

      Delete
  2. Haha love this! You've inspired me to do one aswell ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing other peoples favourites! Breaks the bank but makes me want to try new stuff haha go for it! xx

      Delete